To all Criterium race participants: Please download and read the Rider Manual issued by email to all those accepted. WinchCrit2018 RiderManual
We look forward to welcoming you on the day to the Winchester Criterium and CycleFest 2018. Please refer to your Rider Manual previously issued and do follow us on Facebook and Twitter @WinchCrit in the lead up to the event and on event day where we will be doing live tweets and posts.
- A reminder to bring your license! And for those competing in the South Regional Championship events (U16 Boys, U16 Girls, E/1/2/3 Men and E/1/2/3/4 Women, it will need to say SOUTH on your license!
Remember the City Centre is likely to be busy, especially for those arriving later in the day, so please do leave ample time for drop off/parking.
To ensure the safety of our participants, spectators, residents, businesses, and the general public, we will be closing the roads, and restricting parking surrounding the city centre area from 5am until 10pm on Sunday 5th June to allow adequate time for set up and tidying up at the end of the day. Taxi ranks within the road closure area will also be closed. 40 marshals and 10 staff members will be on site to help with enquiries, whilst officials from British Cycling will control the racing.
Signage will be placed clearly in the no-parking zones in the lead-up to the event. In order for the temporary infrastructure to be set up and races to take place safely, there can be no parked cars on the race circuit. (see map) or The Broadway on event day. Parking attendants will be on duty to issue tickets to cars parked in road closure areas, and any vehicles putting the health and safety of the event at risk will be towed to St Catherine’s Park and Ride car park or as advised on local signage for recovery by the owner and payment of parking fines. Signage will include a contact number for enquiries on the day.
Roads are closed and there is no parking between 5am and 10pm on Sunday 10th June as follows:
- The Broadway, Winchester, between its junction with Eastgate Street and its westerly junction with Colebrook Street.
- Colebrook Street, between its junction with Market Lane and its junction with The Broadway
- High Street, between its junction with St Thomas’ Street and Jewry Street.
- St Thomas’ Street between its junction with High Street and its junction with King’s Head Yard.
- King’s Head Yard, Little Minster St, Great Minster Street, The Square, Market Lane, and Market Street all for their entire length
Free parking is available in car parks around the city on this day.
The city’s bars, restaurants, and retail outlets will all be open as normal and we hope that the event will further showcase our City and the Event as the best in the region and one of the best in the country. Why not travel by train or bike? Winchester is well connected by rail. See our FAQ’s page for more information.