The U16 (Youth A – Boys and Girls) and the E/1/2/3 (Men) and the E/1/2/3/4 (Women) races for 2019 are the South Region Circuit Race Championship events. Priority for entry will be given to “South” licence holders, only if there are spaces available after the closing date will entries be accepted from riders not in the South Region. Medals will be presented to the first, second and third placed South Region rider in each race; race winners and those placed will receive BC points and Event trophies and cash prizes as applicable and as published in advance.
Regional Championships do not exist for U8/10, U12, or U14 riders, neither for 3rd or 4th Category riders. However, to provide consistency and to reflect our partnership with British Cycling’s South Region and desire to offer opportunity to local riders, riders with a “South” licence will also get priority in these races.
- Priority on entries will therefore be given based on a balance of:
- Region (all South Riders will get priority)
- Team balance (no team to have a strong ‘monopoly’)
- Evidence of racing/ race results/ points this year including per the BC website results pages
- Finish position in Winchester Criterium 2018
- Participation in Winchester Criterium 2018
- Development potential (for example, some up and coming junior riders in Cat 3/4)
- In the absence of other strong factors/ all else being equal, first come first served.
Selection will be completed as soon as possible after the published closing date. How quickly this is turned around will depend on volume of entries.