On the day
- If possible please do not bring bags with you to the event – if you do have a bag with you please keep this on your person at all times.
- If you witness anything unusual at the event please notify an event steward.
- If you’ve registered for the South Downs National Park Family Ride, come along from 9am to pick up your wristband in time for the event opening at 10am, or just come along from 10am to join the fun, with racing starting just after 11am!
- Make sure you come along and get an event programme from registration if you’re racing or riding the Family Ride, or from the Info point or one our event staff or marshals. You can see the race schedule here.
- The Winchester Criterium and CycleFest is held in the heart of the City Centre, with the Start/Finish line at the top of the High Street a 5-10 minute walk from Winchester train station, while the CycleFest area in the Broadway is a further 10 minute walk down the hill.
- Local buses will call at a temporary bus stop in the Broadway, as roads will be closed from 5am in the heart of the City Centre, around the High Street. A full list of closures is here.
- The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, which is under 10 minutes from Winchester by direct train.
- If you are driving, we recommend you use the South Park Ride Car Park (SO21 2FG), from where you can choose to follow the signs for a pleasant three mile cycle along the Hockey Viaduct. You can meet up at 0845 to join a guided ride to the Broadway to get there in time for the Family Ride.
- Alternatively take the option of a special Winchester Criterium & CycleFest shuttle bus service which will be operating from 9am to 6pm from St Catherine’s and Barfield Park Rides (signposted as East Park Ride).
- This is a free service to The Broadway and will run on a 10 minute frequency. Key locations are indicated on the map below.
- Any queries, you can contact us