Back for 2017, the CycleFest will take place in The Broadway, as well as a new ‘hub’ of activity in Abbey Gardens this year, where you will have the opportunity to ‘go green’ with our theme for the day, get ready for the Family Ride if you have signed up in advance, and ‘Discover the South Downs National Park’!
We’ll have a range of activities for all the family and a chance for you to give cycling a go in various forms, find out what is on offer locally, and how you can get involved. So far this includes:
- Try a bike & strider bikes – our younger participants can give it a go
- Hargroves Demo area – try out a range of bikes from our sponsors’ store
- Be inspired and just enjoy a professional Stunt show
- Take part in a 250m roller sprint challenge
- Visit the bike mechanics with Winchester Cycle Hub
- Find out more about local cycle club VC Venta
- Take part in pond dipping, fun and games, face-painting and crafts in Abbey Gardens
- Discover how and where you can walk, cycle, and enjoy the South Downs National Park
- Have your face painted as a South Downs animal or insect
- Country craft stalls including twig pencil making and other art activities
We are pleased that South Downs National Park are back to host the popular Family Ride on the race circuit. Find out more about signing up in advance, and get ready to head off with hundreds of others on a car-free ride around the city centre.
There’ll also be some fun challenges and competitions on offer, and plenty to keep the younger family members amused.